So far I have really enjoyed the class. It is always difficult for me to get
back into the routine and remember all the principals that Konstantinos kindly
tries to instil in his students. The format of the class and the new exercises
that are being introduced are pushing me and I am finding it refreshing and
enjoying the challenge.
The two photos are respectively from the first class and second. As I was
looking at the photos of my drawings a few things popped out at me and all of a
sudden I could hear Konstantinos in my head.
Firstly when pressed for time I tend to draw a circle for a head and then I
randomly put facial features without refining them... I must remind myself not
to do that… it is a habit that I must check at the door.
Second I must make a conscious effort to not draw a contour river...
sometime it can be quite nice to draw softer in certain areas and then go
harder in others.
Any feedback or comments would be welcomed. Thanks.


Benjamin, I know it's not from the gesture class, but the first drawing has great movement and attitude! I would love to see more like that from you, I think it's a great development in your style.
ReplyDeleteThanks Teffer... going to try my best... I am happy with the result of that drawing...
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi again Benjamin, I don't know if you can see the reply I left to your comment on my first post or not because I still don't fully know how this advanced technology works. But now that I'm here at your post I will say that I especially like your lady!! Bravo!
ReplyDeleteHI Anik, Thank you... Sorry for the delayed reply. I am going to check now... for some reason i do not get the email notifications when there are new post's or reply to my posts.
DeleteHi Benjamin, I'm happy to hear your remarks and how you connect elements of your drawing to your process. Thank you for posting these two drawings. I agree with Teffer and Anik about how expressive and gestural this first drawing is. And to make a make reference to your comments, notice that the contours of the first drawing are so much more varied in comparison to the second drawing. Generally, variation not only is interesting, but also natural and real.
ReplyDeleteThank you Konstantinos. I fully agree and i am going to try my best to vary my lines.
Delete