In this lesson we continued to work on mass using gesture scribbles concentrating our scribbling on the areas of the drawing of the model where we think should be receding away from us according to our planes of views. Our exercises include some 5min gesture drawings and more guessing drawings! We were made to guess, intuitively not completely blindly, of what our model would look like 45 degrees from where we were stationed. That was enjoyable as I was more accurate at this exercise rather than guessing what the model's next move would be! As well during the second part of our lesson we used ink to make our gesture drawings and incorporated some water colour pencils (water added) which I found really helped to refine the drawing and add intensity. I decided to use some watercolour paint instead because I only had black ink. I enjoyed making these so much that I will consider submitting a few of these works as part of my portfolio for admission to Concordia's art program!



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAnik, I really love the second piece here, especially the way you've modelled the left hip. There's a very well defined hierarchy of shades /distances, which makes it quite coherent while also being beautifully nuanced and subtle about it. I was eyeing it through class and am happy to see it finished! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Teffer, very strong, bold but it works beautifully.
ReplyDeleteWow thank you guys. It always means a lot from fellow artists. I would like to see some of your art Teffer!
ReplyDelete