Tuesday, 2 February 2016

class 2 movement drawings

This was an important class to me as the lesson that Konstantinos taught us, the live figure is not just a static figure even if he or she is still. The figure contains energy and weight which can be portrayed through gestural drawings with no importance payed to the finer details (as yet). The first series are the 2min. drawings. I especially enjoyed using ink because of the boldness it brought to my sad figures. The second series of figures were the ones drawn from memory and that showed me how bad my memory was/is. However it made me associate shapes to the model as I was trying to remember him. Then I discovered that wasn't even good enough so that just means I have to practice...Then the last series were the ones drawn from guessing the model's next position!! I can't believe I couldn't guess even one correctly! That part of the lesson was particularly fun but this meant that I had to have some idea of where it would make sense for the model's weight should be with where ever I decide to put his arms and legs. So many challenges...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anik, thanks for posting. I think by the end of the course you will be an expert in blogging! (and drawing of course!!!) From your drawings and comments I see that you begin to develop a strong understanding of gesture (even if you didn't guess right at the potential gesture poses - just kidding!) All your drawings are good studies of gesture - even when gesture comes from memory or imagination. The more you practice, the more you will be able to feel that gesture, contours, forms or lights, they are all one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anik l like your drawing i find them very expressive

    ReplyDelete