Saturday, 13 February 2016
Molding and sculpting
This week class was quite challenging for me, i was not satisfied with any of my drawings at the end of the class. This morning i took the last long pose out and with fresh eyes, i searshed the web for body proportion study. I realised that the proportions were not rignt; the torso was too short for the size of the head, the shoulders too narrow, the thigh was too skinny, the hands were too small, so i reworked the proportion. I darken the right shoulder , side and back of the head the edge to push it fardest and give the form a dimension. Though i am happier with it, it is far from where i want my drawing to be. The good thing lot of room for improvement so i will not get bored soon - and i have a few drawings to touch up over the week end !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Danielle, thanks for posting. You've done a very good work with reworking this drawing, it looks solid and shows good comprehension of the figure's three dimensions. I think it's a great idea to use different resources to enhance your study and I appreciate your persistence and motivation to make the best out of these studies.
ReplyDelete