Here are my three drawings from this weeks' class - as always, I had a lot of fun working with ink! I feel with all of these that I could work them a little more, which I may do in the week to come - if I do, I will be sure to post photos!
Really nice Hannah, especially the second one, but all three show you know what you're doing. Fun to see what was going on the opposite side of the model from where I was working.
Hannah, I really like your drawing, they always looks so assertive, your lines are clean and define. I particularly like the way you applied the color to show the value.
Hi Hannah, impressive work indeed. They make great candidates for the VAC student exhibition! I really appreciate how in these drawings you emphasize large forms and you use three values in a very respectful to the form way. In the same time they contain a richness of contrasts, light and dark, straight and curve, warm and cool etc.. The second one might require some more work, since simple compositions such as this one - a centered, vertical column - are often the most difficult to bring out their visual interest. As a printmaker, and due to the rather bold use of the three colours, I can't help thinking how these would make wonderful prints in screen printing or lithography!
Really nice Hannah, especially the second one, but all three show you know what you're doing. Fun to see what was going on the opposite side of the model from where I was working.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ron!
DeleteHannah, I really like your drawing, they always looks so assertive, your lines are clean and define. I particularly like the way you applied the color to show the value.
ReplyDeleteThank you Danielle! Confidence of line is something I've really been trying to develop in my work, so I appreciate your comment a lot!
DeleteHi Hannah, impressive work indeed. They make great candidates for the VAC student exhibition! I really appreciate how in these drawings you emphasize large forms and you use three values in a very respectful to the form way. In the same time they contain a richness of contrasts, light and dark, straight and curve, warm and cool etc.. The second one might require some more work, since simple compositions such as this one - a centered, vertical column - are often the most difficult to bring out their visual interest. As a printmaker, and due to the rather bold use of the three colours, I can't help thinking how these would make wonderful prints in screen printing or lithography!
ReplyDelete