This last one I had prepared most of the sheet before we got to class with a heavy layer of strokes of inktense green which was then washed with a medium brush. I would really like to have had some more time to complete this study although I was able to do some more earlier today, but I couldn't really do more on the face from memory. I was thinking it was too bad I hadn't taken a photo to work just before the end of class, but that probably would not have been very cool (to take a photo of a nude model to work with later...)
Sunday, 20 March 2016
9th class close ups
Seems I'm first again... Here are the four shorter poses done with inktense pencils where I was trying to do only a small part of the model. I find I still don't know how to handle the inktense pencils properly. Using them to draw is great but once I add a little water they go somewhere I'm not really happy with. Still interesting and I definitely intend to keep using them!


This last one I had prepared most of the sheet before we got to class with a heavy layer of strokes of inktense green which was then washed with a medium brush. I would really like to have had some more time to complete this study although I was able to do some more earlier today, but I couldn't really do more on the face from memory. I was thinking it was too bad I hadn't taken a photo to work just before the end of class, but that probably would not have been very cool (to take a photo of a nude model to work with later...)
This last one I had prepared most of the sheet before we got to class with a heavy layer of strokes of inktense green which was then washed with a medium brush. I would really like to have had some more time to complete this study although I was able to do some more earlier today, but I couldn't really do more on the face from memory. I was thinking it was too bad I hadn't taken a photo to work just before the end of class, but that probably would not have been very cool (to take a photo of a nude model to work with later...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Ron, exceptional work, as usually. What is most important about the intense, is that you are challenging yourself with experimenting with them. Working with dry strokes, drawing on surfaces prepared with colour, working dry and then adding water are all techniques you have experimented last week and led to very interesting results. Perhaps a next step would be to work with more wet ink and more brushstrokes (you can always remove by washing areas with clean water and rubbing with a brush while dry or using erasers when dry). The last study is a very strong one. I find that the part of the body we see through the green veil has many qualities and definitely steals our attention. I 'm not sure that a more realistically rendered portrait is necessary. There is some very fine and evocative work we see at the left side which you may don't want to put in competition with a very detailed right side. If you feel like continuing it, I suggest you work from memory (although one can always use pictures of another model). The work to be done may have little impact on the left side itself but an important one on the whole picture. I would maybe suggest you to work with brush and some greenish water to obtain and subtle nuances, such as the ones you have at the left side, only lighter this time.
ReplyDelete