Hello dear students!
I hope you enjoyed our first class. I was happy to meet you all (former and new students) and very satisfied with your effort, especially if I take into account how much attention and thoroughness is required in contour studies.
Waiting for your posts - images of your work from last week or any other question, remark, or information - I would like to invite you to take a look at the drypoint prints of Angie Hoffmeister, a very interesting artist whose work I stumbled upon while searching the internet. Although the medium is different than the one you used last week, the idea and means she uses are the same: She constructs her images using mainly contours. I also find that there is another common element with the blind contour studies you did last week. Can you figure out what that is? What can you learn from the way she works with contours, her process and creative choices?
Check this link if you would like to see more of her work
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2011/12/drypoint-prints-by-angie-hoffmeister/
Bonjour chers étudiants!
J'espère que vous avez aimé notre première classe. C'était un plaisir de vous rencontrer tous (anciens et nouveaux élèves). J'ai été très satisfait de votre effort, surtout en sachant que les études de contour comme vous avez fait exigent beaucoup d'attention et de rigueur.
En attente de vos billets - images de votre travail de la semaine dernière ou de toute autre question, remarque, ou information - je voudrais vous inviter à regarder les gravures à la pointe sèche de Angie Hoffmeister, un artiste très intéressant dont le travail j'ai découvert sur Internet. Bien que le médium est différent de celui que vous avez utilisé la semaine dernière, l'idée et les outils sont les mêmes: elle construit ses images en utilisant principalement des contours. Je trouve aussi qu'il y a un autre élément commun avec les études de contour à l'aveugle que vous avez fait la semaine dernière. Pouvez-vous deviner de quoi je parle? Qu'est-ce que vous pouvez apprendre de son processus, la façon dont elle travaille avec des contours et ses choix créatifs?
Consultez ce lien si vous voulez voir plus de son travail
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2011/12/drypoint-prints-by-angie-hoffmeister/

These are very interesting! I was reflecting in class this week on the fact that 'echoing' lines that are often the product of blind contour drawings can actually make some really interesting visual/ movement effects, and Ithis artist really uses that to interesting effect!
ReplyDelete