Ok first blog entry! The first pic is from that excruciatingly long pose where we weren't supposed to look at the page... The next morning it didn't look so cringe-worthy. The others are from the short poses.
Hi Ron, thanks for posting. Your work is very strong. Permit me to apologize for excruciating you with that long pose! Still, for this first study, I think that if you had worked on the entire surface available, you would have spent less time revising the same contours ( which probably caused the process to feel unexciting)
Thanks but please no apologies. I was exaggerating. Really. I love long poses! (not looking at the page was a little frustrating) Working the whole page is interesting. I tend to go "fine" rather than broad, which is why etching was really my speed. But this class I'd like to try working outside my comfort zone.
Hi Ron, thanks for posting. Your work is very strong. Permit me to apologize for excruciating you with that long pose! Still, for this first study, I think that if you had worked on the entire surface available, you would have spent less time revising the same contours ( which probably caused the process to feel unexciting)
ReplyDeleteThanks but please no apologies. I was exaggerating. Really. I love long poses! (not looking at the page was a little frustrating) Working the whole page is interesting. I tend to go "fine" rather than broad, which is why etching was really my speed. But this class I'd like to try working outside my comfort zone.
ReplyDelete