Wednesday, 27 January 2016

First EVER public sharing

Whoo figured it out!!! Holy complications for a simple person like me! I'm pretty sure I didn't have to go through all the steps I did in order for me to locate these files on google - that is an issue I shall figure out some other time... and so I will share these with all of you. The above is a figure drawing I did in our first class and the bottom two are from the previous figure drawing class I had done with Lalie Douglas.

Just a comment about this last drawing, this poor fellow sat two classes for this. When I finally hit the wall at the end of the second sitting I was really happy with what I had captured...but now that I am looking at it again, i'm sure I could have added loads more details on him. Alas as I have mentioned, time is my enemy, and this will be only one of the challenges among others which I shall experience in this class taught by Konstantinos!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Anik, thanks for posting. You did a good job with the contour drawing, your lines are simple, clear and decisive, the overall feel is quite three dimensional. It could have been a good idea to add some contours for the space that she was resting her legs. About your last study, I see that you gave a lot of time and attention to complete it and the result is quite good. However, I doubt that this work needs more details. In my view, what is missing from this study of the figure, is a comprehension of its weight. Compare the wall at the background with the figure. Squint your eyes. The figure feels somehow unsubstantial, almost like a cloud. Do not miss next class, we will be focusing on that particular aspect of weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anik, sorry for a delayed reply... Time as well is my enemy and as a result i find it takes a lot for me to get into my zone... Something that has helped me is switching to a larger format. I think your last drawing is quite strong and not lacking in detail. I also enjoyed your first contour study. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benjamin! I especially enjoy the boldness of your drawings! I like that you are no timid😃

      Delete